6-month remote training
4-day in-person immersion
Get your certification
You will start with a 6-month remote training, covering the content on live calls with your trainers and fellow students. As part of this program you will also be spending a lot of time exploring this practice through nature connection activities outside. After completing this training you will receive a provisional certification as a Certified Forest Therapy Guide.
After completing month 4 of the remote training, you may attend a 4-day in-person immersion. During this time you will have the opportunity to be guided on forest therapy walks by your trainers and to deepen into this practice. You have two years time to complete this step. To view the available immersions click here
After completing the 6-month remote training and the 4-day in- person immersion, you will receive your permanent certification as an ANFT Certified
Forest Therapy Guide and be part of the largest Forest Therapy
Guide Community Worldwide. Click here to see the guide´s map.
The Purpose of Certification
Our certification program is building a growing network of professional forest therapy guides who:
- Create consistently high-quality, safe and healthy experiences for clients
- Inspire the confidence of physicians and other health care system referrers
- Contribute in a positive way to the public and policy maker perceptions of Shinrin-yoku, forest therapy, and other forms of nature-based therapy and eco-therapy.
- Increase public awareness of the connective and healing power of nature
- Help establish certified forest therapy trails, areas for mindful walking and sensory opening activities on private & public lands
- Are information and advocacy resources for forest therapy and nature connection
- Work on the front lines to help transform our cultural relationships to forests through fostering deeper relationships and positive experiences with forested areas
An organic and engaging learning process and community
ANFT certified guides can now be found in 62 countries. These local guides are a resource for trainees to experience being guided. You can harvest a lot of practical wisdom from them. They love to help new trainees!
After you complete the online course and the assignments with it, you will attend a four-day immersion and graduation event. This will be organized by local trainers. Dates and locations will be set as the time for the immersion draws near. We’ll be looking at the weather and other factors when we choose dates. It is quite likely that you will meet trainees from other cohorts at your immersion. This will help to give you a sense of the community of guides that has grown and is active throughout the world. When you begin your journey, you will join with others who live in the same or a nearby time zone. This geographic and time zone way of gathering as a group makes it convenient to connect with your trainers and each other via remote technologies like Zoom.